Lindesnes is the oldest lighthouse in Norway on the southernmost tip of the Norwegian mainland.
It was lit the first time on the 27th of February 1656, and was shut down again the same year in the autumn, as the light was not strong enough.
It is still the official date for the lighthouse being founded.
It is no accident why this spot was being picked for a lighthouse, as the spot, Lindesnes or lindet as it was called, was from the middle ages a well-known landmark for sailing between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.
Adress: Lindesnes Fyr, 4521 Lindesnes